- Switzerland is one of countries in Europe that did not adapt to use the Euro for currency, but use instead the Swiss Franc. Other European countries that don't use the Euro include the United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- Switzerland is recognized as a hub for business activity and scientific achievement. The largest Large Hadron Collider in the world was recently completed in Switzerland.
- Switzerland has four national languages: French, German, Italian and Romansch. It is uncommon to find someone who can only speak one language in Switzerland.
- Switzerland is also known as Confoederatio Helvetica, which explains the .ch on their websites.
- Switzerland has a great deal of climate variations, and usually holds a more consistent temperature throughout the year relative to its neighbors.
Interested in visiting? I would recommend staying in hostels, like the Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof, Interlaken, a hostel in Interlaken Switzerland. Safe and happy travels!